Join us on a captivating culinary adventure through Thai cuisine in the newest installment of our TABLE Experiences series.
In this article, we explore a fascinating and authentic Thai Cooking Class in Phuket, Thailand, - which is run by the talented Thai chef, Tony.
With a step-by-step guide to cooking a variety of mouth-watering Thai dishes - including Tom Yum soup, Massaman curry, and the popular Pad Thai - this class promises to be an unforgettable culinary adventure.
We'll give you all the details you need to know, including an overview of Tony's experience as a chef around the world, when the class operates, how much it costs, and how you can book your spot on this fascinating cooking class.
So, without further ado, strap yourself in and get ready to discover what is on offer in Tony’s authentic Thai Cooking Class in Phuket.
What Can You Expect From The Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket)?
Here's a little ‘taste’ of what you can expect during Tony’s Thai Cooking Class Experience, in Phuket:
- 9 am: Meet your experience host Tony at your hotel lobby or directly at the cooking class venue. You'll then embark on a visit to a local fresh market, where you'll explore and learn about the fresh ingredients that you will use in your cooking class.
- 10.30am: Settle into the comfort of Tony’s kitchen and enjoy a refreshing welcome drink.
- 11am: Begin creating your very own Thai culinary masterpiece at your personal cooking station - where you’ll also have plenty of opportunities to taste a variety of delectable hand-cooked dishes.
Please note that the menu changes for each cooking class session - which features THREE dishes for the class as a whole, and ONE dish that each person can select individually.
You will also learn how to make either spring rolls or mango sticky rice. You can choose from a selection of dishes below (which are subject to change in each cooking class experience):
- Soup (choose one): Tom Yum Soup - Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup or Tom Kha Soup - Coconut soup
- Curry (choose one): Green Curry, Red Curry, Yellow Curry, or Massaman Curry
- Stir fry (choose one): Pad Thai, Thai Fried Rice, Pineapple Fried Rice, or Pad Kra Pow
After your Thai cooking class experience, you will receive a digital recipe book, allowing you to recreate the mouthwatering dishes that you made during your Thai cooking experience with Tony - and impress your loved ones with your newfound culinary skills when you return home.
Who Is Responsible For The Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket)?
Tony is the mastermind behind this incredible Thai Cooking Class experience in Phuket.
Growing up, Tony spent countless hours in the kitchen with his mother, developing a deep passion for cooking traditional Thai dishes.
His expertise has taken him all around the globe, and he's previously worked as both a Thai and Japanese chef in the United States.
Now back in Phuket, Tony is eager to share his culinary knowledge with others, and help them discover the secrets of authentic Thai cuisine.
When Does The Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket) operate?
Tony’s Thai Cooking Classes operate six days a week - Monday to Saturday, from 9am to 1pm.
Please note that Tony’s Thai Cooking Classes do NOT operate on Sundays.
How Much Does The Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket) cost?
The cost of Tony’s Thai Cooking Class is 2500 THB per person.
Here are a few things that you need to know about the Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket):
- The menu changes for each cooking class session and features THREE dishes for the class ‘as a whole’, as well as ONE dish which each person can select individually.
- All ingredients for your cooking class experience are included in the price of the experience - please let us know if you have any allergies or dietary requirements (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free etc.).
- All cooking equipment is provided - including a food container for you to take home your own-cooked dishes.
- Drinks are provided throughout the cooking class experience - including Thai iced tea, a herbal drink, a variety of soft drinks and water.
- You will receive a recipe book in digital format (PDF), as well as photos of your experience being uploaded to Tony’s Cooking Class experience Facebook page.
How Can You Book Your Place On The Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket)?
All you have to do is click here to secure your place on the Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket) and select ‘book now’.
If you have any questions or queries about the Thai Cooking Class By Tony (Phuket), you can contact us by selecting the ‘Booking inquiry’ or 'Buy now' buttons on the Experience’s booking page.
Like what you’re reading? Check out more of our articles on TABLE Insider.